PAWS FOR A CAUSE
The Lillian Allbon Animal Shelter is a non-profit organization which provides a second chance for abused and abandoned dogs and cats in Cumberland County. All animals that come into our care are spayed or neutered, then placed in loving homes. We find new homes for over 100 dogs and 125 cats each year, saving them from lives of misery. The Lillian Allbon Animal Shelter is supported through generous donations from the public and we need your help. All donations are tax deductible.
Donations can be made in memory of a loved one, in memory of a cherished pet, or in honour of a birthday, wedding, or special occasion.
** Please remember to include with your donation, the name and address of the person(s) that you would like us to send a memorial card or in honour of card to let them know that you have remembered or honoured them with a donation to our shelter.**
Why not give a donation now ?
There are numerous ways to do this:
1) Print and fill out one of the forms below and mail it to us with a cheque –
Payable to: Lillian Allbon Animal Shelter.
If you don’t have access to a printer, you can also send us the required information in writing to the address below.
Lillian Allbon Animal Shelter
P.O. Box 1077
Amherst, Nova Scotia
2) Login to: Canada Helps.org
4) Make a memorial donation at one of our local funeral homes.
5) United Way
Other ways to donate to our shelter :
Here at the shelter we use Kuranda Beds for our dogs and cats. These beds are orthopedic, durable and easy to clean and sanitize.
If you would like to donate a Kuranda bed to the shelter, please visit the Kuranda web page.
Click on donate at the top of the page and follow the instructions on the right hand side of the page – select a state/province (Nova Scotia) and then choose the LA Animal Shelter from the list of shelters.
Log In to: Dog Beds
Donations of the following items are always welcome:
- – Bleach – Laundry Soap
- – Dryer Sheets (Bounce, etc.)
- – Dish Soap -Dishwasher Soap or tabs
- – Hand Soap
- – Paper Towels
- – Rubber Gloves
- – Bathroom Cleaner
- – Garbage Bags medium and mostly large ( black or clear )
- – Kitchen Catchers
- – Compost Bags (Size Medium )
- – Dog Treats & Bones – Cat Treats
- – Pill Pockets – Dog Toys (containing no inner beads )
- – Cat Toys (containing no inner beads )
- – Cat Beds
- – Blankets
- – Towels
- – Cat Scratch Posts
- – Cat Condos or other structures
- – Kleenex
- – Window Cleaner
- – Toilet Paper
- – Cat Litter
- – Cat Litter Pans (covered and uncovered )
- – Cat & Dog Brushes
- – Dog & Puppy Shampoo and Flea Shampoo
- – Brooms & Dust Pans
- – Mop Heads (Dollar Store)
- – Pens – Paper (copier paper ,white and colored )
- – Office Supplies
- – Pet Collars
- – Dog Leashes
- – Bottled Water
- – Puppy Pads
- – Wet kitten /cat /dog food
- – Milk replacement powder
- – Spray Bottles
- – Soaker pads
- – Coffee (for brewing )
- – Bug Repellant
- – Gift certificates ( gas for mowers ,snowblowers ,travel to and from vets , Dollar Store , Shur-gain ,Groomers , Hardware Stores for repairs )
- – Fans ,radios (to keep animals company at night )
- – Safe plants
- – Dog coats ( mostly large -extra large )
- – Salt and Sand